Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Planning Ahead, Tongue in Cheek



I dropped by the Oxtongue Craft Cabin this week. Jim has an extraordinary array of artists' and artisans' works on display here. And, jealous as we are, the deer don't seem to eat his gardens quite the way they eat up ours. Perhaps the cats, Laila and Rocky, are more efficient at patrolling the garden than Napster and Achmed???

I couldn't help but notice, however, that Jim has my Christmas present at the Craft Cabin. Just waiting for someone for buy it for me. No need even to wrap it up...

It's a wind-mobile of a great blue heron, and I think it's gorgeous. Wouldn't it look fabulous here at Bondi? Sadly, it's a bit out of my reach, at over $2000, so unless I win a lottery, I have to admire it from afar, and in photos.

I did make the suggestion that Jim put up a donation box, so folks that felt the urge could put in a contribution towards my acquisition of this... He seemed willing to consider that venture, after he stopped laughing.

All the same, this piece is indicative of the tremendous talent on display at this art centre, and just one more reason why you should drop in for a browse around. And if the heron is out of your financial reach... take heart -- you'll find plenty of unusual and beautiful items there that suit all budgets, and will complete your Christmas shopping while surrounded by autumn colours!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Think I'll put in a contribution box for myself out here and we'll see who gets it first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting -- I've been over to your blog site, and am in awe of your work. Think I need a donation box of mine own, right next to yours, out there in Vancouver!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete