Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Well, Okay..."

Here's how Kelly tells of her engagement to Sylvain. He'd been waiting for the right day, the right place... He'd scooped the Algonquin Park Pass from the office, cocked an eye at the sky hoping the forecast was wrong and there would be sunshine, headed to one of their favourite trails following the Old Rail Trail in the Park.

Kelly had brought her binoculars. Syl had brought a small red box, hidden away.

Kelly tells it like this: "When we crossed the bridge over the stream, I thought I heard an interesting bird. I tried to pish it up and was about to get a good view of it when Sylvain called me over to where he was.
“Not now,” I said, “I think I have a good bird!”

He said something about having something good over his way, too. He sounded pretty sure of himself. I didn’t know how he could possibly know that his bird was more interesting than what I was about to get a look at, but I turned to look, saying, “Is your bird better than my bird?”

That’s when I noticed that his bird wasn’t a bird at all. It was a little red box."

Syl is quite positive that his was a better bird. Here's how he tells the same story:
...
"K: “Ok…where? Where’s your bird”
I turned to face her, showing her the little red box I had in my hands.
S: “Right here, in front of me.”
I had prepared some words. I had thought about this moment for the last few years. In the end, everything I had planned to say left me. I just said what was in my heart. When I was done, she said exactly what I would expect from my Kelly.
S: “Will you marry me?”
K: “Oh o.k.!”

We think it's just perfect. We think Syl's 'bird in the hand' is worth any number of birds in the bushes, and we think Kelly had the perfect reply. In short, we're thrilled that we could be part of their special special day.

Later, Kelly sent me a picture of the Caprese salad she made to help celebrate. It, too, looks perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Bondi is very special to both of us. I could not think of better time and place for this special moment in our lives than on our annual visit.
    Also, worth noting, most of the ingredients in the salad were deliciously fresh, right from the garden at Bondi.

    ReplyDelete