Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Eagle in Flight

At 4.30 this afternoon, as I was standing by the stable chatting with Meredith on her horse, this fabulous -- and HUGE -- Bald Eagle slowly glided directly overhead.

It is hard to photograph a bird in flight, when taken by surprise like that. I leapt nimbly through the snow in pursuit, (you would have been proud of me) but he curved west and cruised across the front of the Resort well out of my camera range.

I don't care... I did get one shot. More importantly, I got the thrill of seeing this magnificent bird. They are still quite rare up here, so it's exciting. Pardon me if I seem to be jumping up and down still. I am.

1 comment: