Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pine Grosbeaks bring some Colour to a Cold Day

I have been trying to photograph "my" flock of pine grosbeaks for a few weeks now, when they come swarming to the bird feeders.  Most of the time, as soon as they detect me and my trusty camera, they are gone.















But this morning, at 30 below, they changed their attitude.  When I stepped outside they all bolted.  But when they saw me topping up the bird feeders, they all came swooping back. Two landed right at my feet. One landed on the feeder while I was still feeding it.














Which would indicate that they were pretty pleased to see breakfast being served.














The woodpecker and chickadees were quite co-operative at sharing the suet feeder. The nuthatch just muddled in anywhere she could fit. And the bluejays! I couldn't count them!

1 comment: