Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Friday, February 20, 2015

My little Moochers

 Up they come, every day, following their well packed trail along the front of the resort on the lake, then up to my house.



It has been a cold old winter, and the deer just have to tough it out.   So I do feed them, a small amount of a balanced diet for deer that won't muck up their systems, and I only feed a few of them -- my personal deer, as it were...

And I completely understand that having begun that process, I'm in for the duration. I'll be paying for this until well into Spring.  Easier, and better, when the BMD are logging, they can leave the tops of the trees as natural browse for our little friends.

But that teensy one in behind? That is one of our fawns from last summer...  we watched her grow up...  and I feel a bit better knowing she has a good thick winter coat, and some food in her tummy come these February nights.


1 comment: